4.4.5. Further reading¶
As mentioned in the introduction, this book aims to contain an overview of almost everything that I think is important for software developers. However, depending on your future projects, you may find the need to go more in depth in some topics. This final section lists some books and other resources that I can recommend when going more in depth.
C programming language: The C Programming Language by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie
C++ programming language: The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup
Algorithms: The Algorithm Design Manual by Steven S Skiena
Programming in general:
- The Pragmatic Programmer by Andrew Hunt
- Programming Pearls by Jon Bentley
- Coders at Work by Peter Seibel
Compilers and interpreters:
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs by Harold Abelson, Gerald Jay Sussman, Julie Sussman
- Types and Programming Languages by Benjamin C. Pierce
- The Art of UNIX Programming by Eric S. Raymond
- Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API by W. Richard Stevens
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering by Frederick P. Brooks Jr.